This is an exciting opportunity for a Front-End Developer to join our exciting, dynamic and Product-led company. This is a role for an ambitious individual, who is motivated by the unparalleled upside of joining a company at our stage.
To give every single employee their own personal ‘guide’ to help their personal development and to revolutionise the way organisations learn about their people needs and provide them with opportunities for growth.
The Company & Product.
Guider is building an AI-powered platform that helps organisations create human to human learning experiences. Our platform allows employees to find mentors and coaches within their organisation, and guides them through these relationships. We enable employees to reach their personal development goals, as well as help mentors become better leaders. Guider’s platform is currently used for Diversity & Inclusion, Women in Leadership, High-Potentials and many other initiatives.
- Help us create simple and elegant solutions to deliver the best user experience
- Collaborate with various team members to come up with new and improved ways of doing things
- Track performance and user metrics to identify issues and suggest changes and new features
- Create a culture of learning, action, innovation and autonomy
At Guider we want to hire people with the experiences necessary to get going quickly, but who are also interested in learning new things and are comfortable working in a changing environment. Here are some of the things we think will be valuable:
- You take pleasure from clear code, and understand the benefit of writing code in small increments.
- You are keen to learn new technologies and have ideas about how we do things better
- You like solving both real world and technical problems
- You are an enthusiastic team player who enjoys collaborating
- You are passionate about learning and your own professional development
Node, Typescript, Vue, Vuex, SCSS, Webpack, Babel, React, Contentful Circle CI, Serverless and Firebase Real Time Database (Google Cloud Platform)
Ideally, you would be familiar with the Front-End technologies; notably, Typescript, SCSS and Vue/Vuex, But we’re more interested in your broad experience of software development than of specific tools or libraries. You should be comfortable getting up-to-speed quickly in new tools and platforms. You should be pragmatic and experienced enough to know when a different choice of technology would be more suitable, and comfortable leading explorations into new technologies.
The Benefits of Working at Guider
Salary: £45k-55k depending on experience
This is your rare chance to contribute across the full business spectrum. Working at Guider will no doubt accelerate your career, from learning new skills and a great job title. And lastly getting unparalleled exposure to all aspects of the business by working closely with the CTO & CEO.
Also you will be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of learning. We work in a collaborative, flexible and friendly environment. Guider cares deeply about helping the technology industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example.
- Free Food: Free Lunches on Thursday and Friday, via Feedr (Deliveroo for businesses).
- Unlimited breakfast: Breakfast (cereal, yogurt) and healthy snacks, nuts, hummus and fruit.
- Free drinks: Unlimited Beer and wine, Unlimited soft drinks, freshly ground coffee
- 25 Days Holidays, + Birthday Day Holiday + Bank holidays
- Flexible Working
- Work from home: Choice of 1 day a week to work from home, as well as additional days when required
- A World’s Best Accelerator: We are startup, amongst dozens of startups, inside a World’s best startup accelerator called Founders Factory, giving access to some of the very best free training, advice and contacts. You will get face-time and learnings from successful founders and startup experts to develop your skills, added to Slack channels. There will be lots of events, networking, fun, banter and social events all take place here.
- We have a modern, tech-focused and importantly fun culture in an open plan office (with quiet working spaces for breakout and brainstorming) but also a beer fridge and ping pong table - all shared with many of the UK’s brightest minds and most exciting businesses.