About the Mobile Developer position
ChargedUp is an award-winning innovation, using the sharing economy to revolutionise the way people charge their phones on the go. Our team has created a network of over 500 charging stations across the UK, with ambitions beyond simply adding more users.
We're also backed by leading digital investors - Founders Factory (a market leading accelerator founded by Brent Hoberman of lastminute.com
), JamJar (Innocent Smoothies founders) and the Garage Soho (Sir John Hegarty and Tom Teichman).
Our team uses Scrum-ban, balancing planned product-led sprints with ad hoc efforts to support business needs with our in-house design teams and remote developers. It’s an exciting time to join; we’re scaling our network quickly and need our tech to not just keep up but lead the way in enabling opportunities, with a focus on Android initiatives.
We hire self-motivated, proactive people; we’re less about hitting targets and more about truly solving a user’s need, future-proofing to drive a scalable, accessible end-to-end experience.
If you’re passionate about mobile platforms, writing code you’re proud of and having a little fun along the way, let’s talk.
- Create and maintain advanced applications for the Android platform
- Work together with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Efficiently use third-party data sources and APIs
- Create and execute unit tests on your code, to ensure its robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Troubleshoot issues, fix bugs and improve application performance
- Explore and utilize new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Demonstrable portfolio of released Android applications, ideally having scaled to 100,000 users
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Familiarity with Object-Oriented Programming design principles
- Experience in automated testing Android apps
- Good knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
Nice to have
- Experience in building Android apps using JNI
- Experience in building Kiosk (large screens) Android apps
- Experience with Kotlin programming language
- Competitive salary and share options
- Make your mark, shaping our tech strategy as we scale
- Great office in Spitalfields, the best lunch spot in town
- Office football team