Ruuby is the UK’s leading digital beauty concierge app, which launched in London in 2015. We have unique access to a curated list of beauty professionals, and have delivered over 100,000 beauty services in London. Ruuby is a high-growth, tech-enabled beauty service platform, with strong backing from angel investors and family offices. We thrive on our dynamism and are the leading high-end beauty app in London. We are looking for a superstar to join us as we scale the platform further.
The technical lead will head up the tech team and work with our product owner to prioritise and deliver new features.
What you will be doing
- Developing applications in React and Redux for the web, and React Native for mobile devices
- Make your code easier to refactor, develop and build upon with TypeScript
- Developing npm libraries to use across our suite of applications
- Writing tests in jest and build scripts in webpack and yarn
- Improving our build pipeline and automated dev tooling
- Identifying new libraries and technologies that can improve our customer experience and technical delivery
- Working in an agile environment where you will be involved in code reviews, sprint planning, retrospectives and estimation
- Leading decision making and architecture and development choices
- Estimating tasks and projects, and working with the product owner and stakeholders
- Mentoring staff and on-boarding new startersLine managing other developers
- Supporting and leading off-shore developers and suppliers
Skills and requirements
- Excellent knowledge of React and Redux
- Excellent knowledge of node
- Experience with AWS
- Experience of creating projects using npm and yarn
- Experience of CI toolsExperience of React Native
- Desirably: experience of Typescript
- Desirably: experience of Firebase
- Excellent communication skills, especially with non-technical people
- Experience of leading technical teams
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package relative to experience
- 25 days leave as standard.
- Vibrant Central London office, alongside other growing startups, with weekly lunches, as much tea, coffee, biscuits and fruit as you can handle, and Paul's Irish Bar.
- Pension Plan
- We also get lots of free beauty treatments!
Why work for Ruuby?
The Ruuby team is lean and dynamic, with the consequent effect that all staff members have a real impact on strategy, accomplishments and growth.
The ability to develop skills across various verticals offers great benefit to longer-term professional growth.