Ruuby is a digital beauty concierge app, which launched in London in 2015. We have unique access to a curated list of beauty professionals, both at-home and in-salon, and are the trusted beauty provider, and have delivered over 100,000 beauty services.
Ruuby is a high-growth, beauty service platform, with strong backing from angel investors and family offices. We thrive on our dynamism and are the leading high-end beauty app in London.
As Product Owner, you will set the vision of what is required for a compelling offering in the at-home beauty market, then be responsible for the design and management of a set of products to achieve that vision and business objectives.
- You will be the expert who owns the delivered functionality and you will manage any associated user experience of the system from conception to implementation and optimisation.
- You will determine the detail of what needs to be delivered, along with the prioritisation of those elements.
- As the representative of the business stakeholders, you will work with them to help write clear user stories, ensuring that the technical team fully understands the business objectives.
- Ensure delivery of business value proposition, prioritise and build out road maps for the suite of our products
- Ensure business strategies have the customer and user perspective at the centre of decisions
- Conduct research and implement findings to ensure the suite of products strive to be market-leading globally.
- Define and lead the vision for the products across all touch points that will deliver the business objectives and customer needs
- Working closely with the data from the growth team and define measurement strategies for launch, OKRs and testing activities.
- Accountable for the delivered functionality and user experience from definition to implementation and optimisation
- Prioritise the order of work and ensure the team is working on the most valuable requirements
- Help define the backlog and regularly reviewUndertake business and/or systems analysis in order to contextualise user stories
- Accountable for the team’s understanding of what is required; ensuring high quality and unambiguous requirements are defined
- Make day-to-day decisions on functionality/user experience, basing those decisions on knowledge of the business area, customer and statistical evidence
- Promote the principles of continuous, and measurable, improvement
- Excite and motivate the technical team by sharing the value of the business objectives they are working to deliver
- Assist with recruitment of new team members as appropriate
Skills and requirements
- Expertise in delivering value from Agile methodologies
- Ability to generate a vision for the domain which will encourage creativity that motivates the team to bring concepts to life.
- Expertise and deep knowledge of web and mobile platforms
- Proven experience in successfully delivering measurable business value through software features or initiatives you have defined – essential
- Experience in analysing and mapping system data flows to physical process flows - essential
- Experience organising and enabling cross-functional teams to deliver to tight deadlines - essential
- Experience in writing clear and succinct user stories that have led to successful delivery - essential
- Experience in completing business and/or systems analysis to contextualise user stories – preferable
What we offer
- Competitive compensation package relative to experience
- 25 days leave as standard.
- Vibrant Central London office, alongside other growing startups, with weekly lunches, as much tea, coffee, biscuits and fruit as you can handle, and Paul's Irish Bar.
- Pension Plan
- We also get lots of free beauty treatments!
Why work for Ruuby?
The Ruuby team is lean and dynamic, with the consequent effect that all staff members have a real impact on strategy, accomplishments and growth. The ability to develop skills across various verticals offers a great benefit to longer-term professional growth.