Ruuby is a digital beauty concierge app, which launched in London in 2015. We have unique access to a curated list of beauty professionals, both at-home and in-salon, and are the trusted beauty provider, and have delivered over 100,000 beauty services.
Ruuby is a high-growth, tech-enabled beauty service platform, with strong backing from angel investors and family offices. We thrive on our dynamism and are the leading high-end beauty app in London.
- You will be developing applications where rapid development via code quality, testability and continuous integration is key.
- As we are a small team in a dynamic company you will be expected to work on all parts of our system so this is a great opportunity to work on the full stack and be involved in technical operations.
- Working with the product owner directly to design and implement new products and functionality
- Liaising with our offshore contractors to ensure their work is of high quality and meets our coding standards
- Taking ownership of the front end architecture, understanding how all our APIs fit together and make sure they are being used efficiently
What you will be doing
- Developing applications in React and Redux for the web, and React Native for mobile devices
- Make your code easier to refactor, develop and build upon with TypeScript
- Developing npm libraries to use across our applications
- Writing tests in jest and build scripts in webpack and yarnImproving our build pipeline and automated dev tooling
- Identifying new libraries and technologies that can improve our customer experience and technical delivery
- Working in an agile environment where you will be involved in code reviews, sprint planning, retrospectives and estimation
- Contributing to decision making and architecture and development choices
Skills and requirements
- Excellent knowledge of React and Redux
- Experience of node and creating projects using npm and yarn
- Experience of using continuous integration tools
- Desirably: Good knowledge of node
- Desirably: experience of Typescript
- Desirably: experience of AWS and serverless architecture
- Desirably: experience of React Native
- Understanding that sometimes a small dynamic company needs to deliver the quickest solution rather than the most perfect
What we offer
- Competitive compensation package relative to experience
- 25 days leave as standard
- Vibrant Central London office, alongside other growing startups, with weekly lunches, as much tea, coffee, biscuits and fruit as you can handle, and Paul's Irish Bar.
- Pension Plan
- We also get lots of free beauty treatments!
Why work for Ruuby?
The Ruuby team is lean and dynamic, with the consequent effect that all staff members have a real impact on strategy, accomplishments and growth. The ability to develop skills across various verticals offers a great benefit to longer-term professional growth.