This is an exciting opportunity for a UX / UI / Product Designer to join our exciting, dynamic and Product-led company. This is a role for an ambitious individual, who is motivated by the unparalleled upside of joining a company at our stage. Why? Because you will be our first full-time designer and as such will get full exposure to the business and defining the product. Also you will be joining at a pivotal time at a point where Guider is doing customer discovery for a new market segment as well as starting to re-think the user experience on our current product.
This will enable you to grow with the company further developing your skills while working closely with the co-founders.
To give every single employee their own personal ‘guide’ to help their personal development and to revolutionise the way organisations learn about their people needs and provide them with opportunities for growth.
The Company & Product
Guider is building an AI-powered platform that helps organisations create human to human learning experiences. Our platform allows employees to find mentors and coaches within their organisation, and guides them through these relationships. We enable employees to reach their personal development goals, as well as help mentors become better leaders. Guider’s platform is currently used for Diversity & Inclusion, Women in Leadership, High-Potentials and many other initiatives.
- Your Primary focus will be lead UX and design work in a cross functional team, collaborating with the, developers, customer success & end users.
- You will also have a good product and user research understanding. This is an important role which will allow for a lot of autonomy and leadership.
- You will most likely wear more than one hat, which is why this is a role for an opportunist who can also think about a product roadmap that aligns with our company vision and goals, which is why you will be expected to also work with the co-founders and sales & marketing team.
- With this responsibility you may want to aim to take this role to become the Head of Customer experience.
- 4+ years of experience as a product designer.
- Ability to make complex things simple and clear.
- A portfolio that shows good aesthetic judgment and attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to give and receive critical feedback.
- Fluent use of Sketch, Creative Cloud, Figma, Marvel or other design and prototyping tools (we’re flexible).
- Experience working with design systems.
- Experience in designing for multiple platforms and devices.
Nice to have
- Studied or interested in Psychology/Cognitive Sciences
- Some knowledge of HTML, CSS
- Writing copy (we currently do not have a copywriter)
- Working in Learn and Development Tech Companies before
- Have had exposure or connections to people in mentoring, coaching or training technology.
The Benefits of Working at Guider
- £45K-55K depending on experience
- Option Pool
- This is your rare chance to contribute across the full business spectrum. Working at Guider will no doubt accelerate your career, from learning new skills and a great job title. And lastly getting unparalleled exposure to all aspects of the business by working closely with the CTO & CEO.
- Also you will be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of learning. We work in a collaborative, flexible and friendly environment. Guider cares deeply about helping the technology industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example.
- Free Food: Free Lunches on Thursday and Friday, via Feedr (Deliveroo for businesses).
- Unlimited breakfast: Breakfast (cereal, yogurt) and healthy snacks, nuts, hummus and fruit.
- Free drinks: Unlimited Beer and wine, Unlimited soft drinks, freshly ground coffee
- 25 Days Holidays, + Birthday Day Holiday + Bank holidays
- Flexible Working
- Work from home: Choice of 1 day a week to work from home, as well as additional days when required
- A World’s Best Accelerator: We are startup, amongst dozens of startups, inside a World’s best startup accelerator called Founders Factory, giving access to some of the very best free training, advice and contacts. You will get face-time and learnings from successful founders and startup experts to develop your skills, added to Slack channels. There will be lots of events, networking, fun, banter and social events all take place here.
- We have a modern, tech-focused and importantly fun culture in an open plan office (with quiet working spaces for breakout and brainstorming) but also a beer fridge and ping pong table - all shared with many of the UK’s brightest minds and most exciting businesses.