👋 Hey, We're Founders Factory
We're the world’s best partner for founders. Started by Brent Hoberman and Henry Lane Fox, Founders Factory has received investment from L’Oreal, easyJet, Guardian Media Group, Aviva, Holtzbrinck, CSC and M&S. We have also launched in Johannesburg with Standard Bank. Combined with our full-time team of 70 specialists we offer founders the best platform to launch or scale their startup.
Our incubator creates 13 new startups every year. We validate ideas, build founding teams, find first customers and invest directly in each startup. Our accelerator invests in 35 startups every year. We invest cash, six months of bespoke support from our team and provide commercial opportunities with our investors. We're also Europe's Hottest Startup Accelerator according to the Europas, read more here
As our Creative Developer, you'll be working directly with our corporate investors to identify new business opportunities. You’ll tease out problems, conceptualise solutions in the form of prototypes, and validate them with consumers. This involves rapid experimentation, so we seek individuals whose primary medium is both design and code. You will be expected to share technical ideas and approaches with the larger product development team to help see innovative ideas through to launch.
You have a curious and creative mind, eager to understand what makes people tick, but have the ability to focus on process and look at things from a business point of view. You should love building products that users rave about and working across different projects with lots of competing priorities at rapid pace. You should thrive in a startup environment and subscribe to lean methodologies and principles of product development.
As our Creative Developer, you’ll be responsible for the following:
- Build working prototypes for both desktop and mobile to put in the hands of real users to test business concepts
- Ability to help us build out our toolkit to make building prototypes even faster
- Test hypotheses of market segments and business models to define competitive advantage
- Constantly experimenting with new technologies and tools to drive innovation and creativity
- Identify market trends and opportunities via our corporate investors
- Consolidate feedback from the product development team and assist the team with production
As our Creative Developer, you possess the following skills and competencies:
- A proven track record of taking ideas and bringing them to life across a range of industries
- Ability to demonstrate user experiences in the form of wireframes
- Direct experience with rapid prototyping across a range of various tools
- Knowledge of a range of modern web or mobile frameworks
- Strong communication skills - you’ll be sharing the results of analyses, and discussing technical problems, with a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Thrive in uncertainty - ideally in an agency business and/or startup environment