👋 Hey, We're Founders Factory
Founders Factory is improving the odds of startup success, empowering anyone to impact the world through entrepreneurship.
We’re changing the venture model, trusting our ability to make a real difference to the companies we invest in. Our platform gives entrepreneurs market access to multi-national corporates, and bespoke operational support from a big and brilliant team. This allows us to do things that don’t scale, tailoring a program to every startup that joins. Letting our startups tap into skills they need but can’t yet access.
All of this is funded by our corporate partners, but their role is not simply cash. They bring the best bits of their businesses to our startups - validation, distribution, insight and capital. These are ingredients that startups others don’t have, which is why you see startups here that can not exist anywhere else.
We’re here so founders who see the future differently get the skills they need to make it a reality. We’re proud to back founders others wouldn’t and we back ourselves to make them successful. We know the biggest impact comes from those that don’t fit the mould so we’ve made Founders Factory their home.
🤝About the role
As we grow, we’re now searching for a Portfolio and Finance Assistant to support the management of Founders Factory portfolio businesses. This is a new role at Founders Factory to help manage our portfolio of businesses and provide finance, legal and reporting support to the company as a whole.
- Collection and analysis of information for our 100+ portfolio companies particularly in relation to performance, fundraising and legal documentation
- Quarterly contact with each portfolio business to update on key metrics, progress and financial performance
- Assist with reporting of portfolio financial performance to our corporate investors
- Coordinating, reviewing and responding to ad-hoc company and investor information requests
- Assisting with finance operations, including invoicing, collection of rent and liaising with our accountants
- Assisting with HR tasks including payroll and administration of employee share scheme
- Contract negotiation and management
- Company secretarial duties (including filings, company books and records etc)
- Hands-on experience in a finance, legal or portfolio management role
- Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with founders and investors
- Qualified /part qualified accountant and/or degree in business, accounting or law