👋 Hey, We're Founders Factory
We're the world’s best partner for founders. Started by Brent Hoberman and Henry Lane Fox, Founders Factory has received investment from L’Oreal, easyJet, Guardian Media Group, Aviva, Holtzbrinck, CSC and M&S. We have also launched in Johannesburg with Standard Bank. Combined with our full-time team of 70 specialists we offer founders the best platform to launch or scale their startup.
Our incubator creates 13 new startups every year. We validate ideas, build founding teams, find first customers and invest directly in each startup. Our accelerator invests in 35 startups every year. We invest cash, six months of bespoke support from our team and provide commercial opportunities with our investors. We're also Europe's Hottest Startup Accelerator according to the Europas, read more here
🤝About the role
As we grow, we’re now searching for a Portfolio and Finance Assistant to support the management of Founders Factory portfolio businesses. This is a new role at Founders Factory to help manage our portfolio of businesses and provide finance, legal and reporting support to the company as a whole.
- Collection and analysis of information for our 100+ portfolio companies particularly in relation to performance, fundraising and legal documentation
- Quarterly contact with each portfolio business to update on key metrics, progress and financial performance
- Assist with reporting of portfolio financial performance to our corporate investors
- Coordinating, reviewing and responding to ad-hoc company and investor information requests
- Assisting with finance operations, including invoicing, collection of rent and liaising with our accountants
- Assisting with HR tasks including payroll and administration of employee share scheme
- Contract negotiation and management
- Company secretarial duties (including filings, company books and records etc)
- Hands-on experience in a finance, legal or portfolio management role
- Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with founders and investors
- Qualified /part qualified accountant and/or degree in business, accounting or law