Founders Factory is unlike anywhere else. We create entirely new products from scratch and turn promising concepts into prototypes, and ultimately an MVP, validating decisions commercially along the way to attract a founding team that can spin out into a fully-fledged business.
Project Lloyd is one of our latest products developed at the Factory and now we need a Founder to build this business.
💀 What is Project Lloyd?
Death is a morbid and unpleasant subject for most people, yet it’s something we’ve nearly all thought about. Despite thinking about it, very few of us put any plans in place for when we die, with over 60% of UK adults not having a will: primarily attributing it to not having enough assets to make it worthwhile. For 18 to 34 year olds, that number rises to 86%. However, a new class of assets has emerged over the past decade that previously didn’t exist, and that nearly all of us have: our digital lives.
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, blogs, a myriad of accounts and services: what happens when you’re gone? What would you like to happen? As it stands today, that’s hard to define, and even harder to implement. Marriage, mortgages and becoming a parent are of course traditional triggers for engaging with protection products and services. We believe these shifting needs present an interesting opportunity to reimagine this category of products and we’re dead excited to start building it.
Think Monzo for life insurance.
Project Lloyd is a suite of financial products and services to take care of things in both the physical and digital world when you pass.
It allows users to ‘design’ and plan what happens after they pass with a novel user experience. There’s a free tier to manage your “digital estate” with additional services and marketplace to manage the physical plans and estate.
Bequest blends life insurance, savings and probate into a single holistic product.
As our Co-Founder you will be responsible for:
- Executing the successful build and launch of Project Lloyd
- Setting a clear vision for the business (including product product direction)
- Activating distribution partnerships, sourcing inventory and supercharging growth
- Building a killer brand (lol)
- Hiring and retaining a world class team beyond the founders
As our Co-Founder you possess the following skills and competencies:
- Experience taking an early stage business forward
- Commercial understanding and being able to understand the complexity of the financial model
- Experience in a leadership capacity
- A proven track record of taking ideas and bringing them to life
- Constantly experimenting with new technologies and tools to drive innovation and creativity
- Strong communication skills - you’ll be sharing the results of analyses, and discussing technical problems, with a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong negotiation skills - you will be responsible for striking deals with suppliers for bulk discounted inventory
- Thrive in uncertainty - ideally in an agency business and/or startup environment
- Deep sector experience in product or marketing (bonus)
The ideal candidate would also have a legal background and /or understanding of the complexities of death management but it’s not a requirement