Nate is a venture-backed artificial intelligence startup based in London and New York, founded in 2018 by Albert Saniger and incubated with Founders Factory. Nate's neural network uses deep learning and natural language processing techniques to read web code and transact online on behalf of users. After gaining traction from multiple verticals, we are expanding our team to provide scalable solutions to our business partners in fashion, travel, and media. In other words: we’re hiring!
About the role
First and foremost, you don’t have to call yourself a Data Scientist. Do you prefer Artificial Intelligence Boss? Head of Avocado Toasts? Happy Hour Manager? Director of Emotional Intelligence? You name it. If you can back it up, we’ll agree. We call this the absolute work title freedom. And we’re proud of it. What you do need to do is to help us build a killer business. This means creating machines that automate, improve or replace old-fashion processes. It also means working with team of scientists and engineers who are as passionate about the future of commerce and artificial intelligence as we are. And it also means being an equity-holder, a doer, a risk-taker, a leader and an example to others.
Look, we’re not looking for Superman; we’re looking for Deadpool. Superman is great at everything; Deadpool is good enough, at enough things, to change the world. Wonder Woman is even cooler than Deadpool. We heard she was a Research Scientist before discovering her superpowers. The point is: we want you to help us save the world, one neural network at a time. This is what we think you’ll need:
- PhD or Masters in a computational, numerical or algorithmic subject
- Experience with deep learning architectures and recurring neural networks (a must!)
- Understanding of Natural Language Processing and Neural Machine Translation
- Familiarity with a deep learning framework like Keras, TensorFlow, Pytorch
- Coding skills in a language suitable for data science, like Python
- People skills, especially if you’re going for a super title
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Creativity in problem solving
- Openness to help team members grow and achieve their goals
- Absolute work title freedom
- Personal growth Fridays
- Monthly massage therapy sessions
- Weekly group guided meditations
- Regular team building happy hours
- Access to global AI events and conferences
- Unlimited coffee, tea, fruit and snacks
- Unlimited vacation days
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive compensation
If you’re not sure if this role is for you or you just want to chat, send us a quick note to email@example.com. We don’t bite! Also if you’re ever in the mood to kill time, our website is much more fun than Instagram. Check out our company values at nate.tech/values.